Welcome to my Slimming World Journey: -2 Stone so far

Nigezza does Slimming World ...My Weight Loss Journey -2 Stone already


Hi and welcome to my new blog.

I am beginning my 12 weeks of self-isolation due to health conditions. Events have delayed the start of this blog series but here it is. I hope you find my journey useful.

I am Gez, AKA Nigezza, I am a blogger and a YouTuber and I am on Slimming World! I joined Slimming World at the end of February 2019. I had been on a girlie holiday in the October before and the photos of me in a swimsuit were horrific, then came Christmas and more pounds piled on. SO I found myself staring at the scales as it showed me heavier than I had ever been in my life and I knew I had to do something about it.  So I searched for a local Slimming World group and found the amazing Julie Marling. You can find out about her groups here.


Nigezza Does Slimming World Its been a year!


Losing weight for me is hard, I have an autoimmune disease called Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), most people just hear the word arthritis when I tell them about my condition and think of wear and tear on the joints, that is not what I have. I have an over active immune system that is attacking the healthy cells of my body. With RA it attacks the synovial fluid that surrounds the joints in your body causing inflammation, extreme pain and if left untreated it corrodes the bones and causes deformity.  The way of treating this disease (I say treating because there is not cure) is to suppress the immune system. I am on 2 forms of medication that treat this, one is a weekly injection and one a daily tablet, the tablet I take has been shown to cause weight gain in some people ...that will be me.

SO having a disease that makes mobility harder and taking a drug that that makes me gain weight I am really up against it. However the plan has been working. I am not a super weight shedder, I don't lose every week and I have had gains. I still go out at the weekend and I have weekends away and holidays where I enjoy myself and not worry about syns. BUT when I am back I am straight back on it. That has been the real change in this Slimming World journey that has been different to others. Also I ALWAYS buy a countdown. This is where you pay upfront for 6 or 12 sessions and you get 1 or 2 FREE. This commits me to going each week, I cannot afford to throw £50 away like that.

I was over the moon when on the session before Christmas I received my 2 stone award. I have set a new target for another stone as I said at the beginning when Julie asked what my target was that I would tackle this 1 stone at a time.

So as I approach my anniversary I thought I would record my journey now that I have seen the results beginning to show. I will post my food, my activity (that won't be much!) and some favourite recipes. I am a vegetarian so no meat I am afraid. I do hope you will join me and find this helpful.

Here is a couple of before and after photos so far.

Nigezza Does Slimming World before and after so far

Nigezza Does Slimming World what a difference a year makes


A typical days food for me


Breakfast

I will have either overnight oats or a cooked breakfast.

Lunch

Homemade soup
Apple

Dinner

Quorn SpagBol
Salad

Snaks

I rarely have them, an apple or carrot or rivita and cheese triangle or of course the delicious HiFi bars

Syns

I rarely eat syns! I prefer to drink them and tend to spend all my syns at the weekend on beer & gin and the occasional wine .

So that's the introductions done I will see you next time. I have started a Slimming World  instagram account as well so you can follow me on that as well nigezza_does_sw.

See you soon

Gez x

Comments